Monday, August 9, 2010

An update of sorts.


Today a friend of mine brought to my attention the fact that I have not written on this blog for some time. A downright shame, is it not? So here I go.

My creative juices have been pretty low as of late, so I'll just give a generic update.

I'm in Rexburg again, back from an enthralling month of "babysitting"--in other words: life-guarding, bed-making, cleaning, playing soldiers (those sweet little green men that our grandpas probably played with but they're still cool...those kind), being tickle monster, frog-catching, water gun fighting, etc. etc. It was a joyful, stressful, educational experience, and all in all, I'm glad I had the chance to do it. But holy moly, three boys under the age of twelve wear. me. out.

Okay, exciting news, then the sketchy news.

Exciting news: Before I tell you, you must remember that I get excited over really little things. REALLY little. But....I bought cereal a couple days ago. Yep I did. I haven't purchased a box of cereal in eons because cereal is among my favorite foods and I tend to go a little overboard when I eat it, but I was craving it so bad the other day, I just buckled under the pressure. I bought these new fiber flakes with yogurt/berry clusters in them. Umm...SO GOOD. Plus I bought honey bunches of oats (duh) and corn chex. Mix all three of them together every morning, and there's a commercial smile on my face for the entirety of breakfast. I even imagine some happy background music while I'm eating my concoction, it brings me such bliss. Okay, enough about that.

Also exciting...I've really amped up my workout, and it feels so grand. Run, lift, swim--six days a week, baby. You got it. Watch out. Protect your little ones. Etc. etc.

Also exciting...(and on a more serious note)...I'm turning my mission papers in. Really, really soon. It's taken me a long time to finally make the decision for certain, but after a lot of praying and studying and fasting, I know that this is what needs to happen, and I am so excited. Words cannot describe how much.


Okay, now here's the sketch news. Please don't judge me. I don't mean to be a rebel, but I'm living in my house...illegally? I don't know if that's factual actually. But I'm not supposed to be living here by myself--it's against BYUI housing regulations apparently. So I get back to Rexburg after a month in Kansas, and they tell me I need to move to a different apartment. "But," my manager says, "you can take your time." So that's what I've been doing. Taking my suh-weeeeeeet time. And I still live here all by my lonesome. What's more...I love it. What other student in Rexburg has a whole porch all to themselves? That's what I thought. Besides, it's only when you live alone that you can take dumb pictures of yourself without being laughed at. Exhibit A: upper left corner.

If you've stuck with me this far, you're a trooper, and I owe you a lollipop or two the next time I see you. Just remind me, okay? Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. And I will take you up on that lollipop (but not two, I'm not greedy) someday.

    ReplyDelete